Please read the following instructions carefully before beginning the application process.
- Prerequisite coursework for admission to the FSRM Master's program is described here.
- Applicants should apply to the FSRM program through the Rutgers University Graduate and Professional Admissions website (this also applies to applicants wishing to take a course or courses on a non-degree or non-matriculated basis). When completing the "Program Information" portion of the application, applicants should select "Statistics & Biostatistics: Financial Statistics & Risk Management MS" (program code 16958).
- Application Deadline: Deadlines for both International and US-based students can be viewed here. Students will be accepted to the program on a rolling admissions basis. However, space in the FSRM program is limited and potential applicants are encouraged to apply by the deadlines
- Application Requirements: A list of required application materials, which is maintained by the Graduate and Professional Admissions office can be found here.
Materials required for the FSRM application include:
- Official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores from general GRE exam or GMAT exam taken within five years of your application submission date
As part of BS/MS continuing program, GRE/GMAT scores are waived for all Rutgers undergraduate students with 3.2 GPA or above.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores (if non-native English speaker - details of who must submit a TOEFL/IELTS score may be found here)
Official Test scores (TOEFL/GRE) must be sent directly from ETS to Rutgers University (use code 2790 for Rutgers university, no code for our department is needed). GMAT scores must be sent to the Graduate School of New Brunswick (use code QK5-B5-51 for Master in Financial Statistics and Risk Management).
Official transcripts and other material which is not submitted online should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
18 Bishop Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8530, U.S.A.
- Test Scores: The Graduate School generally expects successful applicants to have verbal and quantitative Graduate Record Exam scores of at least 500/153 and 600/148, respectively (score scale for tests taken before/after August 1, 2011). Successful applicants to the FSRM program are likely to have quantitative scores considerably higher than 600/148: over 60% of GRE test takers applying to Banking and Finance graduate programs scored 750/160 or better on the Quantitative section of the test over the past two years (original/revised score scale). For students submitting GMAT scores, the typical requirements are a verbal score of at least 29 and a quantitative score of at least 41. However, there is often some flexibility for the verbal score for both GRE and GMAT.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of BS/MS continuing program, GRE/GMAT scores are waived for all Rutgers undergraduate students with 3.2 GPA or above.
- Minimal requirements for applicants who must submit a TOEFL score are:
Writing 22 Speaking 23 Reading 21 Listening 17
The acceptable IELTS score is bandwidth 7.
Checking Status of Your Application and Contacting the Admissions Office
You can check the status of your application at this link.